*Welcome to The BLoGN!*

As I started to comment on Times' list over what they felt were the 100 best novels of all time I came to ask my bluddies if this was indeed a good list. And as I suspected it's both (in our poinion) erroneous and lacking.

Books that have been suggested by us + the few books on the actual list the we agree upon, will in time be our humble (or not) Literary Canon: The Bluddy* List of Great Novels (BLoGN!).

It is tempting to include plays/drama, short stories and poetry, but that'll have to be saved for the extended version of the BLoGN - all in due time!

So all I ask is that you suggest novels of greatness that we must include in our very own Bluddy List of Great Novels.

The list - as it comes along (in alphabethical order) - is featured on the right side of this blog.

We want this to be a compelling list, so dazzle us with your knowlege of the literary heritage of the western world, and add a book or two...

*= unfamiliar with the term 'bluddy'? It is a union of the words blog and buddy, so there you have it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I LOOOOOVE that the acronym is BLoGN. You are too smart for my own good (it's 10 o'clock and my husband is asking where I am).

WV = wuzmo, the very question he must be askin'

1/28/2006 04:12:00 AM  
Blogger author said...

Ha ha! It's like I hear him go: Wuzmo wife now, then...?

1/28/2006 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home